Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Barefoot Contessa vs. Barefoot and Pregnant



Beautiful right?
This is the Barefoot Contessa's Indonesian Ginger Chicken
I am not quite sure what makes it Indonesian. But who am I to question?



This is my chicken.  Granted, this is after dinner, so we had already eaten most of it. Which was delicious.  But not quite as advertised. Well, it would have been, if I had read the recipe all the way.

1)  Turns out that you were supposed to marinate it overnight. I hate it when they don't say this until the second paragraph.

2) I found out that you were supposed to turn the oven up at the end. The kids were home from school at this point,  and there was going to be no checking in on the recipe.

3) You have to grate a half a cup of ginger. Which is hard work!  After 1/4 cup, I gave up and put in some chunks of ginger. Equally yummy.

Overall assessment, I would make it again.  But I would follow the directions.






No comments:

Post a Comment